Thursday, May 17, 2007

The influence of the Chinese

beginning with Chinoiserie. I'm usually more casual in my own home decor, but I've recently been intrigued by the influence of the Chinese and feel a touch here or there works well in the contemporary home. Here are some current pieces I love and the places where you can find them. For cheaper alternatives try ebay or your local flea market. It's everywhere. Enjoy!


Wallpaper from de Gournay.


Tableware from Jasper Conran.


Occasional table from Chapman Radcliff Home.


Chinoiserie bedding from Dwell.


Kinsey Cabinet from Pottery Barn.


Throw pillows from Thomas Paul.


Ceramic garden stool from Williams Sonoma.


Foo Dogs from Williams Sonoma.

2 comments:

kstyle said...

Great post. I love asian influence in design. Especially love the bird bedding. gorgeous. k

Another Shade of Grey said...

I'm so glad. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...